Palm 700W (Windows Mobile)
- From the Start menu, choose ActiveSync from the list of programs.
- At the bottom of the ActiveSync screen, tap Menu, and then the Options button. From the options screen, you can choose which items to synchronize with the mailhost123.com Exchange server and which items to synchronize with your desktop computer running ActiveSync.
- Change an item's settings by selecting it and then tapping the Settings... button at the bottom of the screen:
- Contacts: You cannot change any synchronization settings in this menu.
- Calendar: Choose the range of calendar items to be synchronized.
- E-mail: Set the message size, the number of previous messages retained, whether to include attachments, and the attachment size limit.
- Tasks: You cannot change any synchronization settings in this menu.
To exit the Options menu and return to the ActiveSync main page, tap OK.
Note: If you are using a slow wireless connection, you may want to limit message size, attachment size, and the frequency of synchronization to help reduce the amount of data consumed by your device. To download the remaining portion of a message, tap Edit and select Mark for download. You can also mark an attachment for download individually by tapping the attachment icon at the bottom of the email message. A green arrow will appear next to the attachment icon when it is marked for download.
- Tap Menu and select Schedule... . From the drop-down lists, select the frequency of synchronization during peak hours (working hours) and off-peak hours (after hours and weekends); time intervals range from five minutes to four hours, or you may synchronize manually at any time.
To use the Always Up To Date (AUTD) feature, tap the link at the bottom of the schedule screen to enter the Device Address page. The device address is the SMS or text message address of your device. This is usually your phone number followed by the @ (ampersat) symbol and the network name of your provider. For example, Verizon uses firstname.lastname@example.org . Here is a guide to email address' for phones.
If you select the Send outgoing items immediately option, your outgoing messages will be sent when you tap the Send button; if not, mail will be sent at your selected interval or when you synchronize manually. The Status... option will display the results of the synchronization, including the last attempted synchronization and the last successful synchronization.
Tap OK to return to the ActiveSync main page.
- Tap Menu and select Configure Server... .
- For the server address, enter activesync.mailhost123.com. Check This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection. Tap Next.
- Enter your email address and password; for your domain, enter hosted . If you want to synchronize automatically with the Exchange server, check the Save Password box.
Tap Advanced to determine which device has priority when a conflict occurs. You can choose to have the Exchange server replace any conflicting information on the device, or to have the handheld replace the information on the Exchange server. Tap Next to continue.
- On the Edit Server Settings screen, you can again choose the items you wish to synchronize with the Exchange server. Once you have made your changes, if any, tap Finish to complete the setup.
- From the main ActiveSync menu, tap the Menu button and choose Connections... . From this screen you can specify the connection type when synchronizing with a desktop computer. By default, USB is selected. Tap OK to return to the main ActiveSync screen.
- You will need your Palm to be connected to the Internet at this point. To begin synchronizing, go to the ActiveSync main page; then tap the green icon with two arrows and the word "Sync" next to it. This should start the synchronization process.